Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Another adventure

4/23/13

Hello to all… hoping this finds you and yours well. Tomorrow Bridget and I are on a plane to NY to visit family, and Bridget will competing in her first Champion level Irish dance competition.
I am excited to see my parents, my sisters and my nephews, as it has been almost 3 yrs since the last time I was home in NY to visit. 
This will be the first time my family will get to watch Bridget compete. There are a total of 1,200 competitors, 32 of which are Bridget's competition including her. As I was going through the competitor list, which is I don't quite get why I did as Bridget has never danced in this region, I noticed a familiar name. Bridget will be competing against her cousin. They met once as very small children, like 1 or 2. It is my cousins youngest daughter. They are in the same competition, U13 Preliminary Champion. Small world. I'd otherwise not see him on this visit.
I'm looking forward to getting away. It has been one of those weeks, well actually it's been more like one of those decades, but this week my bearings went in my tire, the brand new 2 week old lamp in our flat screen tv exploded last night, my glasses broke, allergy season in NC is in full swing, and I had a filling fall out of one of my back molars!!!! Oh and my son who is still in public HS was released early due to a bomb threat at his school today. They evacuated, then had the students return to school, and then re-evacuated, brought in the bomb squad and sent the kids home!!!! No news on what the outcome of that is. How about you all, how has your week been so far???
I'm also trying to sell Bridget's Irish Dance dress. Her dance teachers feel she need a dress that is more youthful looking. Though they LOVE her dress, they think it makes her look too much older than she is. I'm actually going to post a bunch of photos on my blog of her dress. One of the sites I have listed it FS on allows 2 photos, and asks to have a bunch of pictures on another site. So that post will go up after this one. With any luck it will sell soon. 
Well I have a bunch of stuff to finish up, and I still need to pack, so I will say farewell for now. Keep Bridget in your prayers that she does well. She really wants to make her teachers proud.
God Bless,
Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment