Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Prayers for Jack(http://lovemylittleflower.blogspot.com)

6/14/12
I follow a blog called "My Little Flower" @ http://lovemylittleflower.blogspot.com. "My Little Flower" is related to St. Therese of Lisieux. St. Therese went to great lengths to join the Carmelites and serve God. St.Therese had a great and selfless love for our Heavenly Father. She even on a pilmigrage to Rome had an audience with Pope Leo XIII and implored him to allow her to enter the Carmelites. She was only 15. All she wanted was to serve God. Therese ultimately got what she wanted and was allowed enterance into the Carmelites. She had her "little ways" in which she showed her love for God. This is how she became known as "the little flower". With that very brief description of St. Therese, and not as detailed as I would like, but I needed for there to be a bit of backround. 
So the blog "lovemylittleflower" is written by a women who like me shares a great love for St. Therese of Lisieux. She and her family are also coming together in love and prayer for their family memeber Jack who is suffering from Lymphoma. So I have copied and am going to paste the Novena that has been put on the Little Flower Blog. I do not know this family, but I myself am a survivor of Lymph Cancer. I know what this young man Jack is facing and the struggles of the treatments which can be very painful and leave you feeling very ill. So I ask that for anyone who reads this post to please share with everyone you know. I ask that we all pray for Jack and his recovery. Please ask your prayer groups, your churches to include this young man in your prayers, and so many others like him who are battling life threatening illness's. Thank you to all for helping pray for this young man.

 JACK NEEDS YOUR PRAYERS

My nephew Jack needs your prayers

WE'RE PRAYING FOR JACK

Please join me in praying for a cure for cancer for my nephew Jack
Novena Prayer to Jesus, the Great Physician, for Jack’s healingJune 9 - June 17
Dear God, the Great Physician, Lord of Mercy and Father of Comfort,

You alone are the One we turn to for help in moments of weakness and times of need. You alone are the Great Physician, the healer of all sickness. We ask you to be with your servant Jack, in his illness. Psalm 107 tells us that you send out your Word and heal. So then, please send your healing Word to our Jack. In the name of Jesus, drive out all infirmity and sickness from his body.

Dear Lord, we ask you to turn Jack’s weakness into renewing strength, suffering into compassion, sorrow into joy, and pain into comfort for others. May your servant Jack trust in your goodness and hope in your faithfulness, even in the middle of his suffering. Let him be filled with patience and joy in your presence as he waits for your healing touch which we pray daily You will give him.

Please restore our Jack to full health, dear Father. Eradicate the cancer from his body, and renew his body and mind and soul for Your purposes here on Earth.

Remove all fear and doubt from Jack’s heart by the power of your Holy Spirit, and may you, Lord, the Great Physician, be glorified through his life. As you heal and renew your servant, Jack, Lord, may he bless and praise you. All of this we pray in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

“Give thanks to the LORD for he is good, his mercy endures forever!” Psalm 107:1
“By His wounds we are healed.” Isaiah 53:5

God Bless,
Kim

2 comments:

  1. Dear Kimberly, I'm humbled by your thoughtfulness, and love, that you would do this for my nephew (and me). Thank you so much. It is so encouraging to me to read that you survived lymph cancer. Jack's particular cancer is non-hodgkins lymphoma, and he is ungoing treatment in the hospital for 5-days every 21 days. God bless you, and everyone who reads this and prays for Jack. Thank you again for your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimberly. wondering if you changed your blog URL address. I was wondering why your last several posts did show up on my feed, and so I rechecked and I had followed your blog under a different URL (with a gidget in the name??) and that blog is no longer. Maybe my mistake, but I'm glad I found you again, and I copied your URL address correctly this time. :)

    ReplyDelete