One of my favorite blogs, for many reasons is; Jimmie'sCollage. I was reading a post on her blog where she answered several questions about homeschooling. She invited her readers to copy the questions and answer them so that's what I did. This is the link, http://jimmiescollage.com/2011/09/homeschooling-in-ten-easy-questions/.
I invite you to do the same. Here are the questions and my answers.
1.One homeschooling book you have enjoyed?
-Cathy Duffy's top 100 Top Picks for Homeschool Curriculum
2. One source you wouldn't be without?
-My notebook and favorite pen. I keep it right at my computer desk to write down websites, blogs, PDF downloads(so I know what I have), ideas, usernames & passwords, email inquiries, etc. I have found that homeschooling = lots of need to know stuff. My notebook helps me keep it all straight and at my finger tips.
3.One resource you wish you didn't buy?
- Real Science4kids. Too expensive for what you get. Not "FAT" enough.
4. One resource you enjoyed last year?
5. One resource you'll be using next year?
-Notebooking/Lapbooking; I LOVE LOVE LOVE these methods. So does my dd. She'll use them until she goes to college. I think everyone should use these methods. It should be LAW!!! ...just saying...
6. One resource you'd like to buy?
-A cricuit. We could make amazing Notebooks and Lapbooks. (it would be useful for all my crafting too)
7. One resource you wish existed?
-Curriculum scholarships for homeschool families. Most of us are single income families, and curriculum can get very expensive.
8. One homeschool catalog you enjoy reading?
- I like Rainbow Resources. It is loaded with a variety of curriculums.(their website is pretty awesome too)
9. Most frustrating homeschool subject?
-MATH!!!! Not my best subject, and my dd is not a huge fan either.
10. Greatest homeschool challenge right now?
- SPACE; I have no space, we have no storage space either. I wish I had a whole room I could dedicate to homeschooling. My dd can't even use her room because all her extra space is occupied by her 8'x8' dance floor. ( A must for Irish dancers).
So there are my answers. Please leave a few of yours in the comment area, and then copy the questions and post on your blog. Thanks for stopping by.