Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, May 18, 2012

Atl, Ga Pt2

5/18/12 


I apologize for not getting back to you with part 2 of our trip, but it has been an especially long week. My back has notbeen cooperating, we are finishing up 6th grade, which is exciting but nerve wracking, I'm unsettled on a curriculum for 7th grade, but more about that at another time.
Gidget had an AMAZING day at her Feis, (pronounced Fesh). She had 7 dances she competed in and she placed in 6 of the 7 dances. 2 trophies and 4 medals. SO very proud. She worked really hard amd hoped for a first place, but even though she didn't get her first, she still had a great day. She looked gorgeous in her new dress, and got loads of ompliments. She also got a new wig, which also looked fabulous on her. It was a really long day though. Longer than usual, and a bit unorganized. I can't say I'll attend this Feis again next year. Though we love to go Feisin', and Atl is about a 3.5 - 4 hour drive, this Feis is not one of my Favorites.
Next weekend, we are taking a charter bus trip with our dance school, 
Rince na h'Eireann to Ohio. We are doing a Feis on Saturday in Akron, and one in Cleveland on Sunday. I'm excited for the trip. Though I hear that the caliber of dancers is unbelievable. The Akron Feis will have 1200 competitors. It would be awesome for Gidget to get herfirst up in Ohio. She really needs to start getting some first places so she can qualify for Regionals. So if you can say a prayer for her, I'd really appreciate it.
Well I'mgoing to post some of Gidget's pictures from Atl. I'd love to really chat , but I haven't been feeling very well. I hope to be back to my old self soon. I hope this finds you and yours well.


God Bless,
Kimmie











No comments:

Post a Comment