Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, December 27, 2012

The "Plague"

12/21/12

Well the day is about to come to end, and besides the "Plague" that has taken residence in my house, it has been an uneventful day. 
My 12 yr old was a bit on edge all day thinking that some cataclysmic event was going to happen because of all the whispers of the some horrific thing happening on this day.        
That according to the Mayan calender, the world was going to come to an end. I tried to explain that this day would go by like most others, uneventful. I told her of all the hype and fear of Y2K. That there were people who prepped themselves for a world shattering event that never happened.
Now to say my day was completely uneventful would be a lie. I have been nursing sick kids for what seems weeks on end. One gets better, another gets sick. Let me also mention that whatever this sickness is, it is horrible. My kids and my husband have been fighting this "Plague" for almost a month now. Fever, hacking, coughing, sneezing, laryngitis, earaches, stuffy noses, and the feeling of being hit by a bus. I have spent more time at the pharmacy these past weeks than I have in the past 12 months combined. The pharmacist is like"You again"? " Yup, it's me again"!! I might have to put her on my Christmas list I have spent so much time with her these past few weeks. Luckily, knock on wood, I have remained Plague free.
I have also been trying to and participating in craft swaps on swap-bot.com. If you are a grafter I highly recommend checking out the site. So while I have been waiting for prescriptions to be filled, I spent some time taking pictures to for a swap I am doing, and for a swap I just completed. I took some pictures of the town in which I live. It is a really nice community. It is a fairly small community, on the edge of a very large city. There is a great sense of community in my little town. There is always events taking place, people out and about, a place were folks still like to smile and say hello, were they will stop and have a conversation with a perfect stranger.
We also have one of the countries top private colleges in our community, Davidson College. I live in a great community. I took some pictures to share.
I will be sharing pictures with you all over the next week as part of a swap I am participating in this week. I have shared pictures on occasion, but this swap requires I share at least 2 pictures per entry over the next week. Quite frankly, I like seeing pictures when I visit others blogs, so I may share more often.
I hope this finds you all healthy, I am happy that the world continues on for all of us to appreciate and enjoy, and I hope you are all having a splendid holiday season.

God Bless,
Kimmie<3

Our Library

Local Restaurant (My son Jake works here)

New Art Sculpture by the Library

Speaks for itself :)

Another local Restuarant

Awesome Coffee house

What a bookstore should be

Davidson College

My FAVORITE place to shop

Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment