Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, December 27, 2012

What I'm working on for the New Year

12/27/12

Well it is hard to believe that this year is just about over and a new one is to begin. It seems the older I get, the faster the years seem to go by. I also keep hoping that the new year will be a slightly bit better than the previous one. Now my family and I have had a hard few years. My health hasn't been the best, I am no longer able to work, which at first was awesome. I have to say I wish I could go back to work. I would even be happy to go back and work my least favorite job if it meant I could work again. It goes without saying always be careful what you wish for.
For those of you who have followed me since I began attempting to do the whole blogging thing almost one year ago, you know that since I can no longer work, I am trying to find solice in Art Journaling, blogging and teaching myself to draw and sketch. I absolutely love Art, and I love to read about the Famous Artist in history, I love to look at famous paintings in history and create something in my journal of the feelings invoked by that painting.
I have always at the start of a new year tried to keep a written journal of my feelings and usually do well for about 3-4 moonths and then I peter out. I am really hoping that my love of Art will inspire me to keep a long term journal.
I am usually very closed mouth about my feelings, I don't share personal parts of myself, and the "skeletons" of my past. I find it very hard to maintain friendships because I don't like to share much. 
About 12 years ago when we built our house, I slowly became friends with my neighbor. We actually became inseperable friends. Our children were more like siblings to each other than neighbors. Our husbands also became very good friends. Those years were some of the best and happiest of my life. I thought I had finally found a true and life long friend.
Then when the economy began to turn, when my back problems stole my livelihood, my friend who should have been my rock, she betrayed me in the worst way possible. She broke my heart in left it in a million broken pieces. My world felt like it was spinning out of control and I did the only thing I could control, I shut out everyone. I thought if she could do what she did to me, then those who weren't as close could do just as much harm to my heart. 
It has been about 4 years since that day my heart was broken, most of those I thought were my friends no longer keep in touch, I still have one friend from that time, and we talk as often as we can. You know life and kids keep her and I busy. She is a single mom and works, our kids as they get older actually seem to keep us busier than when they were little. 
The whole point of sharing that is more about me getting you to understand why, and what drives my need for Art and Art Journaling. I am hoping that it will sort out the pain that still resides in my heart after my friend broke it. 
It is also about the happiness that resides in my heart as well. The happiness that my husband, my kids and my granddaughter bring into my life everyday. That is what I try  to focus on, that is what I live for everyday. I also thank God everyday that I wake up to enjoy another day on this earth.
I am a survivor of childhood Cancer. I wasn't supposed to live according to the doctors, I am what they call a medical miracle. Not only was I not supposed to  survive my Cancer, I wasn't suppose to be able to have children. I have 5. I always have been one to beat to my own drum.
So as the new year approaches, I will continue to improve upon my drawing and sketching skills, I will continue to improve upon my relationship with God, I will continue to find peace within.
Well that is enough sharing for one day, it is more sharing than I have done in quite some time. I thank you for choosing to listen.
 I am also going to share with you some of what I have been working on the past few months, my attempts at ART. Hoping this finds you well.

God Bless,
Kimmie <3


My very 1st Art journal page



One of my Favorite pages I have done







Mini handmade books




My handmade paper beads

My attempt at making button rings

Another of my favorite pages

This is for the Sketchbook Project

Bookmarks for a swap

Bookmarks for a swap

Bookmarks for a swap

A tag I made, I stamped it and crotched the fringe on the bottom

For the Sketchbook Project

Also for the Sketchbook Project

My Moleskine(I LOVE this journal)
My doodle/zentagle Peacock

More doodles in my Moleskine, I call her
Millie!!

Sketches in Millie the Moleskine

Titled "Heart in Art" in my art journal

2 comments:

  1. Nice art! You have put me to shame on what I have been thinking. Thanks for sharing. Really inspiring post

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you enjoyed it. The comment was much needed as I have been feeling without inspirations last few weeks. Would love to see your stuff sometime. Have a great new year.

    ReplyDelete