Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Well I have given my blog a face lift. Looking at so many others online, mine looked so pitiful. My goal is to hopefully be more disciplined to write more consistently, and in doing so my blog will become more professional.
I have to admit my jealously over the creative genius behind so many of the wonderful blogs I visit in my quest to to gain knowledge in my homeschool journey. Among my favorites are those blog moms and dads who incorporate notebooking and lapbooking into their homeschool curriculum. I have become a huge fan and advocate of these two methods. I have learned in my research that notebooking is directly related to the Charlotte Mason method of homeschooling. (PLEASE correct me if I am wrong on that last statement)
My daughter Bridget has graciously accepted these as part of our curriculum. She finds learning more fun and exciting. It also allows for more freedom in content for individual projects or unit studies. My 2 year old granddaughter Kaya also loves to do lapbook projects as well. I watch her occasionally during the day when her mom is at school. Kaya's mom, my oldest daughter Kady, was very interested and excited over the very first one I did with my granddaughter. Kaya had lots of fun as well. (Her favorite part was using the glue stick.) We have since done 3 more with her. Bridget has done several lapbooks on her own as well. We are getting reay to do a huge unit study on Ancient Greece and Greek mythology. Inspired by what is one of my favorite blogs, jimmiescollage.com.
I found lots of great websites that offer free printables for this unit study from jimmie's Squidoo page.I got free printables from homeschoolshare.com, I also am a member of notebookingpages.com, which offers 1,000's of printable notebooking and some lapbook templates on just about anything you can think of. There is a section that offers free printables, or you can buy by the subject or topic, I paid for a treasury membership. That is usually $74.00, but I found a code online and got it for around $63.00. I realize that this may seem like a lot, I went back and forth for a few months, but I have a lifetime access to all the printables, I just lose access to updates after a year, and renewal is only $29.95.
Well I I hope you enjoy the facelift. Hoping this finds you well.
God Bless!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment