Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Day 13: Today I Smile Because....

09/13/12

Today I smile because..... First, my hubby gets to come home 1 day early and has all of next week off. It will be the first time in just about a year that we will get to spend more than 4 days in a row together. So it will either be a glorious week or we will want to strangle one another. This is to be continued.....

Secondly, I got my art supplies I ordered from dickblick.com. They are an online store that sells every art supply you can think of at really reasonable prices. I highly recommend this site to anyone who loves to do arts & crafts. They sell paints, glues, markers, pens, pencils, paper, tools... well pretty much anything you can think of. They cater to the weekend art warriors and to the serious artists. 

As I have mentioned previously, I am teaching myself how to draw and create art journals. So to assist me in my journey I bought a UHU glue stick, 4 bottles of Indian Inks, 2 little bottles of Golden paint (Golden is a very expensive product, but quality), I also got some Golden Matte Gel Medium and a package of chipboard to add to my growing list of supplies. Next to my Faber-Castell watercolor pencils (which I love) the stuff I got today is the first really high quality supplies I have purchased and I am excited to use them. 

A few days ago I also got some supplies from donnadowney.typepad.com that I am excited to use with what I got today. If any of you are into art I highly suggest checking out Donna's blog. She is not only entertaining, she is very talented. I love her tutorials because not only does she go step by step and explain how she is achieving a specific technique, she actually lists every supply she uses. That is extremely helpful for us budding artists. I can't wait to get started.

So nothing super exciting, but it getting my supplies made me smile, what made you smile today???

God Bless,
Kimmie<3

My new Bombay Indian Inks
My dickblick.com haul

Golden paints in Teal & Titanium White

Goldem Gel Medium & UHU glue stick


2 comments:

  1. Happy to see you creating. :-)
    Enjoy the art journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You I will, I enjoy it. I'll post some of what I have been working on soon.

    God Bless,
    Kimmie<3

    ReplyDelete