Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, September 14, 2012

Day 14: Today I Smile Because....


09/14/12

Day 14: Today I smile because.... I have made some progress in my Sketchbook for the Arthouse Sketchbook project. This project is for the Brooklyn Library of Art. It was started in 2006 in Atlanta and was moved in 2009 to NYC. The Sketchbook project feature's 18,000+ artists in more than 130 countries from around the world. It is open to anyone who wants to participate. Participants range from newbies like myself to some extremely talented artists. 

It costs $25.00 to participate, and for an additional $30.00 they will digitize your sketchbook. (I am having my digitized) They have a whole list of themes you can pick from to label what your sketchbook is about. Mine is still uncatorgized, I still am not 100% on what I am doing. Their website is http://www.arthousecoop.com/sketchbookproject/ There you can read all about the project, they also have message boards and forums so you can take a looky-loo at others sketchbooks.

I decided to participate when I began my journey into the world of Art and Art Journaling. I rationalized doing this by telling myself if I pay to do the project, I will not give up on this journey when it became too hard. (And believe you me, I have been more than frustrated on more than one occassion) I have only done about 1/3 of the pages so far, slowly but surely I am getting there. I took a few pictures to share with you. Remember I am very new at this, but I am pretty content with what I have done so far. I am not posting pics of all the pages I have done so far, just a few.

What made you smile today??


God Bless,
Kimmie<3
The Cover

This is a collage 
"Sometimes life turns you upside down and carries you away and takes you to places unknown....
....enjoy the ride for it may take you to your destiny. -Kim Hogan

My upside down cutie, made from 2 seperate pieces of printable ephemera. The drops of color are done with Indian Ink.



A collage, the stamp in the bottom corner is an Irish Blessing.

A handmade tag that I stained and stamped.

This isn't quite done yet. The tree is a print transfer with a watercolor backround.









No comments:

Post a Comment