Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Day 3: Today I smile because....


09/03/12
Day 3: Today I smile because....... I got to sleep in like a teenager. I slept until 2 in the afternoon, BLISSFUL uniterrupted sleep. It was AWESOME. Plus thanks to the holiday I got my hubby home for 4 straight days. That is the first time in over a year that we got to spend that many consecutive days in a row together. What made you smile today???






On a different note, as I had shared with you guys a few weeks ago in regards to my brother-in-law having a near fatal stroke, I'd like to update you all on his remarkable recovery.   
He went to the rehab center about a week ago and is bouncing back by leaps and bounds. He is shocking his doctors, his nurses and his therapists at his tenacity and his very quick miraculous recovery. His swallowing abilities are slow to recover, but he is able to eat applesauce now. His sense of humor has not waned since day 1, he is always cracking jokes.
This coming weekend after a family mass, we are all going to the rehab center to have a family meal. There are approximately 50 immediate family members living in NC.(We are all originally from the central NY area) That is my hubbby's siblings, their spouses, and nieces and nephews. It should be a good time.
My hubby is from a very large tight knit Irish family. He is one of 12 children and 87 grankids on his dad's side. In my childrens generation there are 250 great-grandkids. Every 5 years there is a family reunion consisting of around 500 family members who convene on the family farm for 3 days and 2 nights of pure fun. I always said I'd love to write a book. I think if I knew how to write a book I most definitely would. (If anyone has any tips on how to write a book, I'm all ears) 
The stories surrounding my hubby's family are heart-warming and hilarious. Come reunion time anyone who knows the family wants to be an honorary member just to attend the reunions. That is for another blog post. 
I hope you all enjoyed your day and found a reason to smile. Until tomorrow.....

God Bless,
Kimmie <3

No comments:

Post a Comment