Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, September 28, 2012

Day 28: Today I Smile Because....


09/28

Day 28 Today I smile because... It has been a good past few days. The biggest news is my son Michael got his learner's permit. Though that should make me feel old and scared, the pure excitement he got when I let him drive home from the DMV was priceless. Now I have to say I am not generally a good teacher for driving as my older 3 kids can attest to. I don't usually make a good passenger even when my hubby drives. I feel defenseless because I have to relinquish total control to the driver. Now I have to admit, Michael,aka Meat, did a pretty good job. He needs to work on not riding the shoulder (a big pet peeve of mine) and he needs to work on curves and corners, but he did fairly well much to my surprise. 

Now he is my 4th child to get his driving permit. DMV has implemented something brand new for the teen drivers in NC. They (meaning mom & dad) have to complete a driving log. They have to log a minimum of 60 hours with I think 20 of those being night time driving hours. I'm all for extended driving practice, but remembering to write in that log every single time will be a challenge. That's considering it doesn't get lost in the next year.  

Now I am in favor of every parent with a student driver being able to get a sign for their car that tells all other drivers that there is a student driver on board. We ended up with a few impatient drivers behind us. One guy passed us and the 18 wheeler in front of us that my son remained like 5 car lengths behind.  

I have one child left to get their permit, and I am in no hurry. I wish I could hit a rewind button and make my kids little again. Time goes by too fast. I blinked and they grew up. :(  

I hope you all had something to make you smile.

God Bless,
Kimmie <3
Look at that great BIG ole' smile on his face....
(notice he has his hands at 10 & 2)



No comments:

Post a Comment